The brand new-and-improved Reverse Logistics Affiliation ‘2.zero’ Convention and Expo came about final week and B-Inventory had the chance to fulfill with retailers, producers, distributors, and different service suppliers. Along with networking, there have been a large number of trade specialists who shared their experiences within the discipline of reverse logistics, in addition to the rising impression of shopper returns and extra stock.
Enjoyable Truth: There are actually over 130,000 professionals on LinkedIn with ‘reverse logistics’ of their title. It’s a small quantity for now, but it surely’s rapidly rising as shopper returns proceed to extend.
A lot of this yr’s convention targeted on the persevering with progress of e-commerce and return charges. At present, e-commerce represents solely 10% of complete retail gross sales; however with a 30% return charge. However what occurs when e-commerce reaches 30% of complete retail whereas the proportion of returns additionally will increase? Corporations have to implement a reverse logistics course of as a part of their total enterprise mannequin to thrive on this ever-changing, consumer-oriented surroundings.
Over the following few weeks B-Inventory will publish a sequence of weblog posts geared toward the way forward for e-commerce and the implications of ever-increasing return charges. Featured matters will embrace:
- 5G & AI know-how will play a task in reverse logistics – learn the way this new function may help retailers talk with their clients and the way AI and knowledge evaluation may help corporations forecast returns
- Uncover finest practices from each a significant equipment retailer and a significant equipment producer on model safety, velocity, and the way the Web of Issues will have an effect on equipment returns
- Intentional returns within the attire trade are operating rampant – discover ways to fight this development
- Accumulating buyer suggestions is efficacious knowledge – however shoppers aren’t all the time truthful, discover ways to acquire sincere suggestions
We’ll additionally check out:
- Fairness investments – hear from B-Inventory’s CEO and founder, Howard Rosenberg on how funding cash can propel a small firm into a really massive firm
- The CTIA has revealed Common Grading & Scales Situations in collaboration with main cellular retailers and OEMs
- Go behind-the-scenes of the cell phone secondary market – how, why, and the place telephones are coming into the secondary market
If you happen to’re keen on extra trade insights and preserving updated with B-Inventory, get in contact with us at the moment.